Air Ambulance 2006
This is one of the sponsorship boards which I have painted. They are usually displayed off the road on the seaward side of the promenade.
The image is created by projecting a photograph onto the light box and then spraying using a spray gun and water-based paints. The photos show both the day-time and night-time effects which vary slightly in colour.
Air Ambulance sponsorship board in the illuminations sheds - Air Ambulance 2006 - Blackpool Illuminations Gallery - © Sarah Myerscough
Testing the lighting on the Air Ambulance sponsorship board - Air Ambulance 2006 - Blackpool Illuminations Gallery - © Sarah Myerscough
Detail of the Air Ambulance body - Air Ambulance 2006 - Blackpool Illuminations Gallery - © Sarah Myerscough
Detail of the Air Ambulance tail - Air Ambulance 2006 - Blackpool Illuminations Gallery - © Sarah Myerscough
Bigger than you thought? Me with the Air Ambulance sponsorship board - Air Ambulance 2006 - Blackpool Illuminations Gallery - © Sarah Myerscough
What are Blackpool Illuminations?
If you have landed on this page from Google or another search engine or from a link on a website, you might just be wondering what you are looking at.
Air Ambulance 2006 is a feature within Blackpool Illuminations, the greatest free light show on earth, where Sarah Myerscough (me) works as an artist. The Illuminations are an annual event that takes place from late August / early September to November, along six miles of the promenade in Blackpool, a seaside resort in the North West of England.
Blackpool itself is the most visited seaside resort in Europe and provides family entertainment throughout the year. It has three piers, the 518ft Blackpool Tower featuring an excellent circus, miles of golden sands, a huge amusement park (Blackpool Pleasure Beach), a waxworks (Madame Tussaud's), a Sea Life Centre, a Ripley's Believe It Or Not, a zoo (Blackpool Zoo), two major theatres (Grand Theatre and The Opera House), dozens of amusement arcades (including Coral Island), a water park (Blackpool Sandcastle) and much, much more...
Where should you go next?
If you have landed on this page by chance and are wondering where to go next:
- For more behind the scenes photographs of the Illuminations, select another page from the Blackpool Illuminations Gallery menu.
- For information about my life as an artist, take a look at my Timeline pages.
- If you are interested in purchasing artworks, take a look at my For Sale pages.
- If you're not sure what you want, why not try my Lucky Dip?
- Finally, if your appetite has been whet for a visit to Blackpool, take a look at my About Blackpool pages for links to Blackpool attractions, accommodation, events and more, but don't forget to bookmark me and come back some time!