Kiosk (Ellie's Caterpillar Garden Ride)
I hope to add descriptions of the work involved in creating the Blackpool Pleasure Beach pieces some time in the near future.
If you can't wait, take a look at my Blackpool Illuminations Gallery as the work is quite similar.
In the meantime, I am going to be quite busy scanning in a large number of photos.
Watch this space!
Completed boards waiting in the workshop - Kiosk (Ellie's Caterpillar Garden Ride) - Blackpool Pleasure Beach Gallery - © Sarah Myerscough
The completed kiosk - Kiosk (Ellie's Caterpillar Garden Ride) - Blackpool Pleasure Beach Gallery - © Sarah Myerscough
Detail of the Ellie character - Kiosk (Ellie's Caterpillar Garden Ride) - Blackpool Pleasure Beach Gallery - © Sarah Myerscough
What is Blackpool Pleasure Beach?
If you have landed on this page from Google or another search engine or from a link on a website, you might just be wondering what you are looking at.
Located in Blackpool, Lancashire in the North West of England, Blackpool Pleasure Beach is the most visited amusement park in Europe, where Sarah Myerscough (me) used to work as a model maker / artist.
Blackpool itself is also the most visited seaside resort in Europe and provides family entertainment throughout the year. It has three piers, the 518ft Blackpool Tower featuring an excellent circus, miles of golden sands, a huge amusement park (the aforementioned Blackpool Pleasure Beach), a waxworks (Madame Tussaud's), a Sea Life Centre, a Ripley's Believe It Or Not, a zoo (Blackpool Zoo), two major theatres (Grand Theatre and The Opera House), dozens of amusement arcades (including Coral Island), a water park (Blackpool Sandcastle) and much, much more...
Where should you go next?
If you have landed on this page by chance and are wondering where to go next:
- For more behind the scenes photographs of my work at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, select another page from the Blackpool Pleasure Beach Gallery menu.
- For information about my life as an artist, take a look at my Timeline pages.
- If you are interested in purchasing artworks, take a look at my For Sale pages.
- If you're not sure what you want, why not try my Lucky Dip?
- If your appetite has been whet for a visit to Blackpool Pleasure Beach, take a look at the Tickets, Vouchers and More page for a chance to save some money on your visit.
- Finally, take a look at my About Blackpool pages for links to Blackpool attractions, accommodation, events and more, but don't forget to bookmark me and come back some time!